Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4:My dad in Florence!

Fresh truffle ravioli with truffle spread and parmesan (made by me)


My dad got here today! Luckily it is beautiful here in Florence today. It was in the high 60's and sunny so I was able to walk around without a coat on for the first time since getting here. I'm sure he will enjoy a respite from the snow that everyone is talking about. 

When he got here, I helped him put his bags in his room in the hotel, which is conveniently located across the street from my apartment and then we toured the city for awhile. Florence is extremely chaotic right now and there is a protest happening near my apartment. 

"does it look like I'm protesting?" 
I took him to see all the popular attractions in Florence: the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Republica, Piazza della Senioria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo etc. 





More tourist pictures to come! 





No comments:

Post a Comment